TIME TO CELEBRATE – GROUPS ARE BACK!!
After making the difficult decision earlier this year to suspend our group activities program due to COVID-19, we are happy to announce that Groups will resume from 13th July 2020. We will contine to follow strict social distancing guidelines for the safety of all of our participants and will hold all activities locally at the Brighton Bowls Club until further restrictions are eased. We are very excited to see our group’s participants and would request that if you require our pick-up service to please call our office on (07) 3269 1915 to book a space on the bus. We are limited to 5 spaces on the bus but don’t worry if you miss out on a space as we can organise alternative transport for you.
We provide a variety of social support options to ensure our participants stay happy, healthy and connected.
Are you over 65, living in the North Brisbane area and looking to get out among your community? Our popular activities program and centre-based respite options are for you. These programs promote the development of long-term, trusting relationships with you to:
- Build on your strengths
- Encourage you to develop and reach your goals
- Refer and link you to appropriate services
- Help you to better manage your daily activities
- Acquire new skills
- Participate in your community
All About Living provides a range of social group activities from Monday to Friday (for North Brisbane participants only). We love to create opportunities to have our participants connect with the wider community by attending events and functions. We ensure all our activities focus on health and wellbeing with participants continually encouraged to provide input into the outings they’d prefer.
Activity groups include:
- Ladies groups – connect with other ladies over morning tea and board games each fortnight
- Body Movement Class and Lifestyle Program – a light exercise and lifestyle class based in the comfort of our activity centre. Improve your balance and wellbeing
- Out N About – visiting local attractions as well as centre-based activities
- Choir – ‘All Directions’ meet weekly on a Monday and perform around the community
- Men’s Group – community-based social group for men, run by men.
- Health Forums